People ask us about shrimp on the barbie (Paul Hogan be damned!) but Luke does have a recipe for prawns and mango salsa that people seem to be really loving at South.
Prawns and Mango Salsa
To prepare the prawns
Remove the head and shell leaving the tail, devein and place back into the refrigerator.
- 1 semi firm mango
- 1 small red chili – remove the seeds
- 1 small shallot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of finely grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon of roughly chopped coriander leaf
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3-5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
Remove the skin off the mango and slice into ‘sheets’, finely dice the sheets to small cubes. Finely dice the shallot, garlic and the chili add the all the ingredients together and add a small amount of salt to balance the taste.
Char grill the prawns till moist, sprinkle the mango salsa over the prawns and garnish with picked wild rocket and extra virgin olive oil.